Assistant Retail and Ticketing Manager
The Lost Gardens of Heligan are looking to recruit an Assistant Retail & Ticketing Manager to work within our Trading Team.
Our retail outlet is a busy and successful gift shop open not only to garden visitors but to members of the public. With 350,000 visitors a year passing through our doors, we aim to provide our customers with a unique and authentic experience that they can only find at The Lost Gardens of Heligan.
Working closely with our Retail & Ticketing Manager you will be responsible for maintaining healthy staffing levels. You will also be assisting in driving additional revenue through merchandising and exceptional customer service.
- Coordinating daily and fortnightly meetings with staff and supervisors, listening to feedback and relaying information.
- Drawing up rotas and managing seasonal staffing levels, with an awareness of budget.
- Assisting the Retail and Ticketing Manager in staff recruitment.
- Working closely with HR to manage staff administration.
- Overseeing the functionality of our tills, reporting problems and liaising with our providers when necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring that stock is being merchandised effectively and in accordance with our brand and ethos.
- Collaborate with our Assistant Buyer to plan merchandising for seasonal products.
- Working closely with our Assistant Buyer in the planning of sales and stock management.
- Liaise and collaborate with other departments at Heligan to keep abreast of seasonal activities, themes and events.
- Assist the Retail & Ticketing Manager in the planning of retail-specific events and activities.
- Maintaining awareness of competitors’/similar outlets performance.
- Working with Heligan’s Visual Team to ensure that the correct signage is in place in our retail outlet and ticketing office.
- Managing staff and overseeing daily tasks, allocating activities where necessary.
- Managing deliveries and product pricing, with an awareness of storage.
- Ensuring that the retail outlet and ticketing office are kept clean and tidy at all times. Liaising with Heligan’s Maintenance Department where necessary.
- Working front-of-house in Ticketing and Retail during busy periods.
- Attending interdepartmental meetings in the absence of the Retail & Ticketing Manager.
- Ensuring that Customer Service is at the forefront of what Heligan has to offer.
- Assisting the Retail & Ticketing Manager in the planning and delivery of staff training.
- Previous retail experience is essential.
- Some experience in staff management.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills to understand budgets.
- Problem-solving and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Sound decision-making skills and the ability to plan and prioritise.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong creativity and merchandising skills.
Qualities you will need to display:
- The capability to work well as part of a team and to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people.
- Computer literacy.
- The ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment and to quickly identify problems and recommend solutions.
In return you will be rewarded with:
- Staff benefit scheme including free family entry to Eden and Heligan during employment and discounts on local attractions and retail.
- Free parking.
- Generous pension.
- Discounts on retail within the Gardens and any associated companies.
- Discounted staff meals within our tearooms.
How to apply:
Please send your CV along with a personal statement (no more than 1 side of A4) explaining why you would be great in this role, email@example.com