Bosun’s Diner: Chef
The Lost Gardens of Heligan have recently taken over Bosun’s Diner in Charlestown. Seating 80-100 covers; we will be re-opening in April 2017 following a refurbishment and are looking to recruit two chefs to join our passionate and friendly team.
You will be someone who strives to maintain excellence of the food offering and the highest levels of cleanliness and Health & Safety.
Areas of responsibility:
- The daily production of all food both hot and cold.
- The daily service of all food.
- The daily cleaning of all food service areas.
- To apply all food and hygiene regulations.
- To assist with any ordering as instructed.
- Input into menu planning and costing.
- Ability to cook under pressure.
- Knowledge of seasonal foods.
- Good communication skills at all levels.
- To be a team player by exhibiting flexibility.
Qualities you will need to display:
- A genuine love of food in its broadest sense.
- Imagination and flair in menu creation and production.
- Flexibility and a willingness to embrace change.
Qualifications that fit:
- Pressurised fast working environments.
- An all-round cooking ability to enhance the home-made feel.
- Events catering.
- Different catering environments.
- An awareness of food and hygiene regulations.
In return you will be rewarded with:
- Staff benefit scheme including free family entry to Eden and Heligan during employment and discounts on local attractions and retail.
- Sociable hours with no shift work
- Generous pension
- Discounts on retail within Heligan Gardens and any associated companies
- Discounted staff meals within the Heligan Kitchen.
How to apply:
Please send your CV along with a personal statement (no more than 1 side of A4) explaining why you would be great in this role, to email@example.com