Car Park Welcome Stewards
The Lost Gardens of Heligan are looking to recruit a number of seasonal car park stewards for the season ahead.
We are aiming to create a rota to cover the busiest holiday periods in the Summer. There would also be additional days outside of the school holidays for training and event cover.
We are looking for warm and friendly people to join the team for the summer season. This will be an outdoors role (in all weathers!) and you will often be the “first face” for all our visitors and therefore will set the tone for their experience, making a real difference to their day. The role will encompass assisting with car parking and welcoming coach parties, helping to support visitors with access needs and helping to orientate visitors with the site. Enthusiastic, supportive people with experience of working with the public would be very suited to this role.
The Lost Gardens of Heligan
Visitor Services Manager
Part time with varying hours (up to 32 hours a week) Seasonal to cover holiday period. Roles commence immediately
- Provide a warm, friendly welcome (and goodbye) to all visitors to Heligan.
- Directing customer cars to achieve efficient use of car parks.
- Customer orientation
- General ground keeping duties.
- Customer facilities checks
- Assisting with other departments as and when required during busy times, as directed by line manager
- To assist visitors with access needs.
- Becoming familiar with and then following the Lost Gardens of Heligan health and safety policy at all times.
- To welcome all visitors and make sure that visually the high standard of presentation is maintained.
- Excellent customer focused service skills.
- Happy and confident in talking to all our visitors.
- An ability to work as part of a small team and be supportive of colleagues.
- Can do attitude!
- Attention to detail.
- Experience working in a customer facing role, ideally at a visitor attraction.
- An interest in the outdoors and gardens and a desire to learn about Heligan to share information with visitors.
In return you will be rewarded with:
- Free Parking
- Sociable hours with no shift work
- Discounts on retail within the Gardens and any associated companies
- Discounted staff meals within our tea rooms.
How to apply
Please send your CV with a brief explaining why you would be great in this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fair Processing Notice
Please click here to download our employee candidate fair processing notice.