Plant Sales Assistant
We are currently recruiting a seasonal Plant Sales Assistant to be responsible for all activities involved in the day to day running of our Plant Sales, in order to achieve budget and minimise wastage. The role will require you to work on a rota, covering a seven day week including weekend days.
The Lost Gardens of Heligan
Visitor Services Manager
Hours in this role are variable, depending on the needs of the business. During peak times hours can be up to 30 hours a week. Although the bulk of this role is seasonal, there may be ad-hoc hours available.
- Perform daily open and shut down procedures.
- Deal with customers in a manner that will further an enjoyable visitor experience.
- Maximising all selling opportunities, with a mind to achieving spend per head budget.
- Offer advice and answer questions regarding the plant sales and furthermore Heligan.
- Process deliveries, ensuring that all stock is appropriately priced.
- Make sure that all plants are re-stocked and attractively merchandised.
- Present a clean and tidy plant sales area, with an awareness of Health & Safety regulations.
- Plant knowledge is essential, and knowledge of Heligan plant stock would be desirable.
- A willingness to learn.
- Ability to sell.
- Excellent customer service.
- Able to work outdoors in a sometimes physical job.
- Enjoy working with the public.
- A polite manner.
- Confidence in varying situations.
- Smart appearance.
- Good with numbers.
- Experience working in a customer facing role, ideally at a visitor attraction.
- An interest in the outdoors and gardens and a desire to learn about the history of Heligan to share information with visitors.
In return you will be rewarded with:
- Staff benefit scheme including free family entry to Eden and Heligan during employment and discounts on local attractions and retail.
- Free parking.
- Sociable hours with no shift work.
- Generous pension.
- Discounts on retail within Heligan and any associated companies.
- Discounted staff meals within our catering outlets.
How to apply:
Please send your CV along with a short statement explaining why you would be great in this role to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be received Monday 19th February.