Retail and Ticketing Assistant
The Lost Gardens of Heligan are looking to recruit a team of seasonal assistants to work within the busy and successful Retail and Ticketing Department. Working within the Heligan shop selling local, artisan products, or within our ticketing office (all roles will encompass a mix of both) this role ideally suits someone who strives to uphold the best customer service at all times. You will be flexible, hardworking and always looking to enhance our visitor experience.
Roles are from now until October although there is the potential for some to become permanent thereafter. There are several positions available. You must be able to commit to the season.
- To be responsible for all activities involved in the day-to-day running of the Shop and Ticket Office at our award winning visitor attraction.
- To work with the existing team to cover a seven day week, including; weekend days, holiday and sickness etc. as arranged by rota.
- To be aware and comply with company Health and Safety regulations.
- Perform daily open and shutdown procedures.
- Deal with customers in a manner that will further an enjoyable visitor experience.
- Selling goods and handling payment for such goods.
- Responsible for float, cash, tills and card facilities (where applicable).
- Offer advice and answer questions regarding the shop, ticketing, and Heligan.
- Process deliveries, ensuring that all stock is correctly priced.
- Make sure that all goods are restocked and attractively merchandised.
- Present a clean and tidy shop, with an awareness of Health and Safety regulations.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Enjoy working with the public.
- Have a polite manner, believing in good customer service.
- Confidence in varying situations, particularly in a sales environment.
- Smart appearance.
- Experience in retail or sales would be beneficial although full training will be given.
Benefits Of Working With Us :
We are a happy, well supported team and are offered the following:-
- Free Parking
- Pension scheme with 2% employer contribution
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free entry to Eden Project during employment
- Discounts on shop and clothing
- Heavily discounted meals
How to Apply
Please send your CV along with a short statement explaining why you would be great in this role to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To be discussed at interview