We are looking for warm and friendly people to join the team. This will be an outdoors role (in all weathers!) and you will often be the “first face” for all our visitors and therefore will set the tone for their experience, making a real difference to their day. The role will encompass; helping to support visitors with access needs and helping to orientate visitors with the site, litter picking, directing visitors, manning our rope bridge and anything else that helps our visitors get the most out of their day with us!
Enthusiastic, supportive people with experience of working with the public would be very suited to this role.
The Lost Gardens of Heligan
Visitor Services Manager
Hours in this role are variable, depending on the needs of the business and often the weather! During peak times hours can be up to 40 a week. Although the bulk of this role is seasonal, there is usually ad-hoc hours available throughout the autumn and winter.
- Provide a warm, friendly welcome (and goodbye) to all visitors to Heligan.
- Oversee the approach to the Ticket Office during peak busy times, helping with the queues that may form, litter picking and being an orientation point for people to ask questions about what to see and do.
- Oversee the car park and coach park, welcoming visitors and making sure they are running smoothly.
- Monitor the Rope Bridge activity during busy times.
- Assisting with other departments as and when required during busy times, as directed by line manager.
- To work with the Stewards team to cover a seven day week, including weekend days, holiday and sickness cover, arranged by rota.
- To engage with children and families and talk them through the activities on offer.
- To assist visitors with access needs.
- Share information about Heligan and its history with our visitors and answer queries they may have.
- Ensure Health & Safety procedures relating to the Rope Bridge activity are adhered to.
- Becoming familiar with and then following the Lost Gardens of Heligan Health and Safety policy at all times.
- To welcome all visitors and make sure that visually the high standard of presentation is maintained (ensure litter along the paths is picked up).
- Excellent customer focused service skills.
- Happy and confident in talking to all our visitors.
- An ability to work as part of a small team and be supportive of colleagues.
- Confidence in communicating with a family audience and the ability to handle varied situations calmly and professionally.
- Recognising and supporting the specific access needs of all our visitors.
- Experience working in a customer facing role, ideally at a visitor attraction.
- An interest in the outdoors and gardens and a desire to learn about the History of Heligan to share information with visitors.
In return you will be rewarded with:
- Staff benefit scheme including free family entry to Eden and Heligan during employment and discounts on local attractions and retail.
- Free Parking
- Sociable hours with no shift work
- Generous pension
- Discounts on retail within the Gardens and any associated companies
- Discounted staff meals within our tea rooms.
How to apply
Please send your CV along with a short statement explaining why you would be great in this role to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be received Monday 19th February.